INITIAL DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT
Initial Dislcosure Document
The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent regulator of financial services. The Financial Conduct Authority require us to provide you with a document called an ‘Initial Disclosure Document’. This document provides information about us, the products we offer, the services we will provide, what we charge for our services, who regulates us, what to do if you have a complaint and details about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
What services do we provide?
We will provide you with either comparable details of firms most appropriate to your lending or purchase requirements or general information relating to finance products. In assessing your requirements we may seek such information about your personal circumstances and objectives as might be relevant in order to enable us to identify your needs. It is important that you provide us with accurate and relevant information. You will not receive advice, or a recommendation from us, but we may ask questions to narrow down the selection of firms offered, from which you can more easily make your own choice if you so wish.
Whose products do we use?
As an Financial Conduct Authority regulated credit broker we can introduce you to a range of lenders who may be able to help you finance your vehicle and provide other products/services.
Do we charge for our services?
We charge a fee of £150 + VAT for our brokering services. We are a commission and fee based organisation which means that we may receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with us. These fees may be variable or pre-set dependent on the product and the volume that we place with the chosen supplier.
Who regulates us?
BHP Leasing is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our firms reference number is 756680. You can verify this on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Register by visiting the Financial Conduct Authority’s website: http://www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by contacting them on 0300 500 8082.
Other services we offer are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority however the Financial Ombudsman Services has now been extended to handle some complaints under the Consumer Credit Act.
If you have a complaint
Please visit our complaints procedure page.
The term “BHP Leasing” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 High Street, Hoddesdon, England, EN11 8SX. Our company registration number is 10314989. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without BHP Leasing’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.