TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY
Treating Customers Fairly
At BHP Leasing we are committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of client service and advice and we never forget that you have a choice of supplier and are grateful that you’ve chosen us.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is one of the key principles set by the Financial Conduct Authority to ensure fair treatment of customers, by improving standards across the financial industry.
As a part of this, BHP Leasing follows the relevant aspects of the Financial Conduct Authority’s six guiding principles on how to engage with our customers. These are known as the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles and govern how we communicate with customers, the level of service we provide and the fairness of our products and procedures.
The six principles for treating customers fairly
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Ways we meet these requirements in the day to day running of our business
We continually aim to understand the needs of our clients
We ensure that the marketing of our products is appropriately targeted, clear, not misleading and highlights the risks/conditions as well as the key features/benefits of a product.
We make certain our clients understand the risks associated with our services at the outset of an instruction.
We keep our clients fully informed in a clear and fair manner that is unambiguous and not misleading.
We ensure our services are delivered with clarity and transparency and do not contain hidden conditions or rely on complex technical definitions.
Any advice provided will be appropriate and take into account the customer’s individual needs and circumstances.
We take our clients’ privacy seriously and ensure that our staff are aware of and follow rules in relation to data protection to ensure that clients’ details are kept secure and confidential.
We take any complaint seriously and will deal with any complaints promptly and make improvements to our operations where required.
If you have a complaint
Please visit our complaints procedure page.
The term “BHP Leasing” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 High Street, Hoddesdon, England, EN11 8SX. Our company registration number is 10314989. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without BHP Leasing’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.